Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mini Mani Review: Rainbow Honey "Waves"

So in my previous review of Rainbow Honey's May Mini Mystery Bag, I seem to recall stating that I probably wouldn't use the included polish called "Waves," because I don't like blue polishes. Well, words = eaten. Last night I decided to try it out before sending it off to the trade bin, and I actually like it quite a bit.

Two coats, topped with Seche Vite, outdoors, cloudy.
As I said in that aforementioned review, the only thing that made me think I might not hate this polish was the greenish cast that reminded me of swimming in the shallow seas around the Turks and Caicos. On my nails, two coats turn into a turquoise shimmer that does, indeed, look like the prettiest waters the Caribbean has to offer.

Which reminds me... is it time for another cruise yet?
I did find the formula a little gloopy, but not terribly hard to work with, and it went on opaque in two coats, without leaving the streaks that so often bug me in polishes of this type. I'm definitely enjoying the shiny little vacation on my fingertips! If I had longer nails, I might even try my hand at a little beach-style nail art with this.

Side note: this is my first time sharing my stubby, pitiful little nails with you, dear reader. Please have mercy on them, they do try so hard to be pretty! I also can't figure out how other bloggers hold their bottles so gracefully for photos, with all their nails perfectly lined up on display, and without their fingers looking like little bent-up sausages. I'm working on it, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...